Information regarding COVID-19
This page provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions to help you navigate the challenges the virus poses to keeping your workforce safely hydrated.
Q: Is Waterlogic operating normally?
A: We are open for business and we are committed to providing you with the standard of service you’ve come to expect from us, even during these challenging times. The need for healthy and safe hydration is now more relevant than ever. In fact, during full lockdown we have still been able to support initiatives to keep key workers safely hydrated in hospitals, warehouses and food banks. Should there be government directives that require us to close or limit operations, we will do our best to let you know.
Q: Our office is temporarily closing, and we have a Waterlogic dispenser, what do we do?
A: If your office is closing for a period, please shut off your Waterlogic water dispenser. When your workplace reopens, we recommend you flush your Waterlogic machine to ensure your first glass of water is freshly filtered.
Q: What should we do to start using our dispenser again?
A: We can help you get safely up-and-running in no time. Follow these restart instructions before using your dispenser, machine or equipment for the first time and take a look at 'What is the best way to keep my Waterlogic dispenser clean?' for tips on maintaining enhanced hygiene and social distancing protocols:
- Turn your machine back on and allow at least one hour before using to provide sufficient time for the heating and cooling of the water to take place. Turn the water and CO2 gas supply back on if either has been turned off.
- Dispense a minimum of 5 litres/1 gallon each of ambient, cold and sparkling water, and 3 litres/0.6 gallons minimum of hot water. You may need to flush more water to meet taste preference. Dispose of the water.
- Flushing helps to remove stagnated water from the system. For sparkling units, flushing also clears any possible air bubbles that may have formed in the water lines. Changes in temperature and exposure to light can also affect taste and odour.
- Sanitise all external surfaces of the machine, including all nozzles/taps/tap handles, decals, drip trays and fonts using a food grade sanitiser such as AquaDosa.
- For dispensers using Reverse Osmosis, run these units every other day to keep the membranes fresh and primed, and to ensure that any water in the tank is used. Check tank pressures and re-pressurise if appropriate.
- For ice dispensers, dispose of any stored ice and the first set of freshly made ice before use.
- For coffee machines, please see the user manual for machine specific daily maintenance protocols and follow before use. In the absence of a user manual, please follow these simple steps: empty any coffee deposit trays that have any reminiscence of coffee granules; run at least 1 litre/0.2 gallons of hot water through the coffee machine by selecting hot water dispense; dispense 3-4 cups of coffee before using.
- Wash all glassware, re-usable bottles, carafes and other drinking vessels by hand using hot water and dishwashing liquid, then rinse. Place in a dishwasher or glass washer and run through two wash cycles to clear any residue.
Q: Are there any delays with orders?
A: We are managing our supply chain and working tirelessly to make sure our products are available when our customers need them. We are proud to say that we are meeting our obligations as normal with little to no impact to our customers.
Q: Will a Waterlogic technician still carry out on-premises maintenance for our dispensers?
A: We continue to follow government advice. If regulations and staff availability allow, on-premises service visits will continue as usual, provided our customers are happy to do so. We follow these protocols to keep our employees and customers safe:
- Check there has been no confirmed COVID-19 case on-site to date
- Avoid physical contact during every visit, with no handshaking or sharing of items (including pens or tools) and always stay at least 1m away from customers
- Wear latex gloves throughout the duration of site visit
- Use provided sanitisation equipment to disinfect the dispenser on every visit
- If a technician experiences any symptom, they have been instructed to self-isolate at home for 14 days and contact their healthcare provider.
Q: How are Waterlogic helping to prevent the spread of Coronavirus?
A: Waterlogic follows strict hygiene standards and stringent food handling measures across our factories, warehouses and offices. We have always worked to the highest health and safety protocols and will augment these practices so that our employees and customers always remain safe.
- Waterlogic has implemented government guidance to create a safe working environment for employees and visitors to our premises. Where necessary, employees are working from home or working shifts to accomodate social distancing measures.
- Company-wide policy — with frequent reminders — to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water; especially before eating, after using the bathroom, and after coughing, sneezing or blowing one’s nose
- Our technicians, delivery drivers and sales representatives follow strict hygiene and social distancing protocols when visiting customer premises. If you prefer, we are able to offer Contactless Account Management Visits through Microsoft Teams.
- Waterlogic is helping our customers to promote strong messages of social distancing and hygiene around the dispenser with free to download tent cards, stickers and Restart guides, plus a number of additional products to support maintaining a hygienic working environment including hands-free pedals. Take a look at our 'Handy tools' below.
- Non-essential travel is discouraged, but travel has commenced where it is safe to do so.
Q: How can Waterlogic guarantee that shipping dispensers from one location to another does not transfer the Coronavirus into my workplace?
A: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, and less than 24 hours on cardboard. We maintain safe and hygienic practices throughout our supply chain, and can offer peace of mind that every dispenser is sanitized thoroughly before use by customers.
Q: Does the Firewall® technology used in Waterlogic machines inactivate (kill) COVID-19 in drinking water?
A: Yes, Firewall has been proven 99.999% effective against the human form of the COVID-19 virus. Waterlogic’s patented Firewall technology has long been recognised for its ability to purify water up to 99.99% virus-free and 99.9999% bacteria-free. In fact, it’s already the world’s most highly certified purification technology. Recent tests conducted by an independent microbiology laboratory demonstrate that Firewall treated water is over 99.999% COVID-19 free right through to the dispensing nozzle, meaning Waterlogic has the world's first COVID-secure water dispensers. Firewall technology prevents viruses, including COVID-19, bacteria and microbial cysts from contaminating drinking water and causing illness.
Q: What tests were carried out to prove Firewall's capabilities against COVID-19?
A: Firewall was rigorously tested against the human form of COVID-19 by a team of microbiologists from the Water & Energy Sustainable Technology (WEST) Center at the University of Arizona led by Dr. Gerba, internationally known for his methodologies for pathogen detection in water and food. We were asked by many of our existing and potential customers worldwide about the effectiveness of our Firewall technology against viruses in general and specifically COVID-19. The concerns were not only in regard to incoming water, but also in relation to the dispensing area as well as the inside of the machine, both of which, although highly unlikely, could be potentially contaminated through contact with infected individuals. In order to address these real concerns, the WEST Center conducted extensive testing to examine the effectiveness of our Firewall purification technology against COVID-19. This included contaminating the water inside the machine and contaminating the dispensing nozzle itself. All tests concluded that no infectious COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) particles were recovered from any of the effluent (dispensed) water samples following treatment by the Waterlogic Firewall water purification devices tested. The successful result of these tests gave our customers peace of mind with regards to Firewall’s efficacy. To find out more about the test results, click here.
Q: Can water be contaminated by COVID-19?
A: According to our own research and independent scientific evidence, although highly unlikely, there is a potential risk that the COVID-19 virus can survive in water for a certain period of time. This is particularly true of water that does not contain chlorine. Waterlogic takes hygiene and the safety of its customers very seriously and in order to mitigate any potential risk to human health, it was important for us to test the efficacy of our Firewall technology. Firewall has been proven effective against COVID-19 by the Water & Energy Sustainable Technology (WEST) Center at the University of Arizona, ensuring that we can provide maximum hygiene and safety for our consumers.
Q: Does the antimicrobial BioCote® surface protection protect users from COVID-19?
A: BioCote® built-in antimicrobial protection restricts the growth of bacteria and mould around the dispensing area and filter, reducing the potential for cross-contamination and keeping the dispenser fresher and cleaner for longer. Although proven to reduce microbes by up to 99.5% within 2 hours, BioCote® has not been tested or proven effective against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). We advise regular dispenser cleaning and sanitising with disinfectant spray or wipes, a strong focus on hand hygiene for all users, as well as following up-to-date guidance from government bodies and health authorities.
Q: Can people catch the Coronavirus from any surface?
A: According to the World Health Organization, the virus spreads from person-to-person via small droplets from the nose or mouth. These droplets spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. The droplets can land on objects and surfaces, which a person may then touch, resulting in the possible transmission of COVID-19 if that person then touches their eyes, nose or mouth. To learn more about coronavirus (COVID-19), see the World Health Organisation guidelines
Q: What is the best way to keep my Waterlogic dispenser clean?
A: Once you have followed the restart procedures, use every opportunity to encourage regular sanitisation of equipment and consumables as well as heightened personal hygiene protocols to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Wash or sanitise hands with an alcohol-based gel before and after you use your dispenser.
- Whilst at the dispenser, cover sneezes and coughs to help prevent the spread of germs. We recommend keeping a hand sanitiser and tissues within easy reach of the dispenser, and a bin to dispose of used tissues.
- Keep a safe distance from others when you fill up at the water dispenser. It is recommended that a distance of at least 1 metre/3ft be maintained at all times.
- Use a spray disinfectant such as AquaDosa or disposable disinfectant wipes to sanitise your dispenser regularly. Pay particular attention to the dispensing area.
- All glassware, re-usable bottles, carafes and other drinking vessels must be washed in a dishwasher or glass washer after every use without exception. A second cycle for all items is recommended. If you are using disposable cups, encourage disposal after each use, do not reuse or leave for others to dispose of.
Have any other questions?
We’ll keep in touch as best we can if things change and post updates here. If you have any other questions about how our services may be impacted by the COIVD-19 outbreak please contact us directly using the details below and we'll do our best to help.
Phone Number: 1300 88 14 14