1. This website is operated by WLI (UK) Ltd, a company registered in England, company registration number: 04051205, VAT number: GB828382407, registered office address 1 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1HN, UK, a wholly owned subsidiary of Waterlogic Limited, a company incorporated and registered in Jersey, company number 108193, registered office 22 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, C.I., JE4 8PX, together ‘The Operator’.
2. When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small text files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally, cannot carry viruses, or install malware.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your device from a website. This means the website can recognise your device if you return to the same website. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. A cookie often includes a unique identifier, which is an anonymous number (randomly generated) and is stored on your device. Some expire at the end of your website session; others remain on your computer for longer.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task, e.g. filling out a web form or a web survey.
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page.
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
- Analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with the different aspects of our online services so we can make them better.
Cookies used on this website
Used to gain information about whether the site user has a cookies enabled browser and it stores username and encrypted tokens for the website log in. This information is then stored and used to enable the session to be kept open for the user.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view a cookie’s code, just open your cookie file in your browser and click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data about your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.